“I am extremely proud of the academic standards we maintain at UCS and of the commitment of our teachers to giving our learners the best possible start in life.” –
The UCS High School has 250 learners from Grades 7 to 12. Under the management of Deputy Principal and Academic Head, Mr Daniel Mathew, learners receive dedicated tuition and an all-round education. The small classes have a ratio of 25 learners per teacher. We offer a comprehensive selection of subjects up to Grade 12 level, including mathematics, science and computer skills. We have a 100% matric pass rate which has been unbroken for several years.
- At UCS we follow the nationally prescribed Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for the General Education and Training (GET) level. Our qualified teachers encourage and empower learners to be responsible for achieving good results in the following subjects:English (Home Language)Afrikaans (First Additional Language)Portuguese (Second Additional Language)
- Maths Literacy
- Life Orientation
- Business Studies
- Life Sciences
- Physical Science
In Grade 10 the learners choose 6 subjects and will continue with their chosen curriculums until they matriculate in Grade 12.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
When you enrol your child at UCS you are required to bring the following to the school with your application form – download application form here or collect from the school. Bring these attached to your application form:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- Passport, study permit and asylum documents (for foreign nationals)
- A copy of your child’s last report
- A transfer letter from your child’s previous school
- Please note that your child will only be granted successful admission if all the documents are in order and the registration and levy fees have been paid in full
You can download the following documents to find out more about the school’s code of conduct, disciplinary procedures, extra-curricular timetables, and more. Click on the desired pdf below.
Meet our dedicated and knowledgeable high school teachers.